The Sustainability Committee shall inform and support the activities of other committees whose scope encompasses environmental responsibility. The Sustainability Committee shall make recommendations to the Academic Senate, as appropriate, regarding the provisions of the Talloires Declaration (AS-622-04) and the CSU Sustainability Policy.
- Identify sustainability courses. Spring 2020
- Resolution on Second Nature Climate Commitment Target Date. AY 2019-2020
- Develop and pilot more SLOs assessments. Ongoing
- Respond to AS-787-14.
- Review new courses in the 2019-2020 catalog for SUSCAT. AY 2019-2020
- Encourage faculty to teach sustainability in new and existing courses. AY 2019-2020
- Work with the CTLT to provide support for faculty seeking to teach classes involving sustainability. Ongoing
- Develop procedures to identify sustainability courses in catalog and on PASS. Ongoing
- Respond to 2014 CSU Sustainability Policy directives. Ongoing
- “The CSU will seek to further integrate sustainability into the academic Curriculum working within the normal campus consultative process.
- The CSU will develop employee and student workforce skills in the green jobs industry, prompt the development of sustainable products and services, and foster economic development.
- Support campus efforts to improve Cal Poly’s AASHE STARS certification credits. Ongoing
- Work with students to better integrate approaches to sustainability inside and outside the classroom curriculum. Ongoing
Fall Quarter 2020: TBD
Shall include voting General Faculty representative from each college and Professional Consultative Services. The Academic Senate Chair is an ex officio, nonvoting member. Ex officio members shall be the Provost/Vice President for Academic Affairs or designee, the Vice President for Administration and Finance or designee, the Associate Vice Provost for Programs and Planning or designee, the Director of Facilities Planning or designee, the Associate Director of Sustainable Energy and Utilities, and two ASI representatives.
|Name||Department||College/Unit||Office Phone||Email (@calpoly.edu)||Exp. Term|
|Bennett, Penny||CLA/AssocDean||Admin||62408||pkbennet||EO (AcadDean)|
|Braun, David (CH)||ElecEngr||CENG||61464||dbraun||2022|
|Dumars, Jeffrey||FacPlang||Admin||66588||jdumars||EO (Dir/FacPlang)|
|Hizami, Julia||Student||ASI||61281||jhizami||EO (ASI)|
|Singh, Kylee||Enrg&Sustain||Admin||65397||klsingh||EO (Dir/Engr,Ut&Sus)|
|Winslow, Dianna||CTLT||Admin||67526||diwinslo||EO (VP/AcadProg&Plan)|
AS-887-20 Resolution on Adding Sustainability Option to Schedule Builder - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt on February 25, 2020
AS-792-15 Resolution on Approving Assessment Process for Courses Meeting Sustainability Learning Objectives - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt and approval on May 21, 2015
AS-787-14 Resolution on Sustainability - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt on August 18, 2014
AS-734-11 Resolution on Green Campus Program - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt on June 28, 2011
AS-688-09 Resolution on Sustainability Learning Objectives - President Baker acknowledged receipt and approval on June 22, 2009
AS-653-07 Resolution on Focus the Nation - Received by President Baker on March 26, 2007
AS-642.06 Resolution on Academic Senate Bylaws Description of the Sustainability Committee - Received by President Baker on February 2, 2006
AS-622-04 Resolution on The Creation of a Standing Sustainability Committee - President Baker acknowledged receipt on July 12, 2005