General Education Governance Board
Cal Poly's general education (GE) program is the administrative responsibility of the General Education Governance Board (GEGB), GEGB should function like a department with a deep sense of interest and responsibility for overseeing and implementing the GE program. The General Education Governance Board (GEGB) is responsible for leading and developing a visionary, high quality GE program that enriches the specialized knowledge acquired in a major program with foundational and integrative understanding of its scientific, humanistic, artistic, and technological contexts.
- Ongoing review of curriculum proposals: catalog cycle proposals and continuous course review proposal.
- Explore “course renewal” cycle (in tandem with ASCC). Ongoing
- Review and approve GE course proposals.
- Place GE curriculum proposals on the Academic Senate consent agenda after consultation with the Academic Senate Curriculum Committee.
- Engage in appropriate assessment activities. Be proactive and responsive to the results of assessment activities.
- Conduct a GE academic program review on the same cycle as other programs. Findings will be presented to the college deans and the Academic Senate. The GEGB needs to be proactive and responsive to the recommendations that result from academic program review.
Fall Quarter 2017:
Two faculty members from each CLA and CSM, one faculty member from each of the remaining colleges including PCS, one student, and a GEGB Chair. All are voting members, with the exception of the GEGB Chair, who has a tie breaking vote only). Ex Officio, non-voting members include one representative from the Office of the Registrar and one representative from Academic Programs and Planning.
|Name||Department||College/Unit||Office Phone||Email (@calpoly.edu)||Exp. Term|
|Bailey, Helen||Evaluations||Admin||66313||hbailey||Ex Officio (Ofc of Reg)|
|Giberti, Bruno||AcadProg||Admin||62254||bgiberti||EO (VP/AcadPrg&Plng)|
|Helmbrecht, Brenda (CH)||English||CLA||62178||bhelmbre||2018|
|Warner, Haley||Student||ASI||61281||hrwarner||Ex Officio|
AS-787-14 Resolution on Sustainability - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt on August 18, 2014
AS-742-12 Resolution on General Education C5 Elective - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt and approval on February 28, 2012
AS-740-12 Resolution on Changes to the Academic Senate General Education (GE) Governing Board Policy - President Armstrong acknowledged receipt and approval on February 28, 2012
AS-713-10 Resolution on the Establishment of an Academic Senate General Education Governance Board - President Baker acknowledged receipt and approval on June 18, 2010